Thursday, June 28, 2012

Daily 5 Chapter 1... (little behind this book study)

Alright, I am a little behind on this super popular book study! However, I am super excited. Last year I tried something sort of similar to daily 5-- but more like literacy centers. I split my RWS into two 15/20 min blocks which allowed me to get more guided reading groups done. Pink group would be in centers and green group would be reading-- then we would flip! It worked out well, with the exception of the fact that prepping for "centers" is just a hassle at times, let be honest here! I loved it though because I think expected kinder babies to READ for 30 min is a little unrealistic and dev. inappropriate. I guess that would be my biggest concern before actually reading the daily 5 book. I know that "read to self" is a choice and I am just nervous that either a.) i won't have enough time to get groups done like I did last year or b.) kids are not going to be reading if i put them in there for more than 15 min. 


Anyhoo- I am going to try and catch up on all 3 chapters today or tomorrow. I have strep (WHAT?!?! It's summer and I am not around kids and I catch strep-- ridiculous, right?!) so I have plenty of time on my hands if I can avoid the apple tv remote. I have recently started watching Felicity, anyone remember that show, and have gotten hooked. I could lay here for hours and zone out... even though there are other things I could be doing. hah! Isn't that how it always goes though? 


Ok... off to read- excited to share & actually get blogging and into school units again! :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment