Tuesday, August 6, 2013

busy bee...short & sweet!

PHEW!

I am exhausted! Maybe I will actually fall asleep at a decent time :) I have a very "intense" (so I am told) training tomorrow for instructional rounds. I am VERY excited about this opportunity! I filled out a questionnaire and was chosen for this by my new principal! It's a district initiative where every school comes up with a "problem of practice". This is basically objectives the school as a whole are focusing on targeting and improving. We really began this last year and I was fortunate to participate in internal rounds (only your school) so I am looking forward to learning more about the process and participating on a larger scale! All that to say... I NEED to get to finishing my assigned reading from this juicy book.



I wanted to share an item I will be putting in my store tomorrow, hopefully! It's all finished for the most part! :) In the morning's when my kiddos come in I have them copy their objectives for the day in their planner. After they copy the objectives I want them to get out their morning journal and complete the prompt provided. I am going to try to stay on top of this for the year! Monthly journals that include the cover, writing page, prompts and rubric. I will take a grade once a month for writing looking over their journals. I need to finish the rubric and add it before I post the finished product. I am really happy with how they turned out and hope you take some time to check it out. I think my kids are going to enjoy them! Of course, I kept the months of August/September pretty basic with the prompt... come October, it's on!! (ease into this routine a bit!) 



Anyway- look at me, I am making a blogging comeback! Stay tuned tomorrow for the finished product!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment