Monday, December 3, 2012

Outta this WORLD/ MIA much??

Goodness!! I have not writeen in forever!! :( This yea has definately been....different.... to put it nicely! I haven't had time to even think about blogging and shareing what is going on here. Things appear to be slowing down a little bit (knock on wood) so, I am going to try to get back into the groove of the blogging life.

This week we have been learning about SPACE! They have loooooved it- I feel they always love those science units. We have talked about the sun, moon, stars, astronauts and ofcourse...aliens! I wanted to share some pictures of the thigns we've been doing, along with some activities! I have been working on a space unit, because-- come to find out there isn't much out there for kindergarten! So, stay tuned! =)

Moon facts in our science journal. 



We read Moustronaut and learned about text-to-self connections and character feelings. It was such a cute book and the kids enjoyed it. They did a great job inferring how the mouse might be feeling! 

some of our anchor charts

we learned about syllables last week so we did a little spacey syllables activity! =) 
We wrote facts about the different things we learned about in our science journal after have a class discussion and creating an anchor chart. They did great! 
I am hoping to have this unit posted in the next week or so!! I am so excited to share it with you. I am also hoping to share some of the fun things were doing this week... it's Gingerbread week! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment